Zucchini Slice with Bacon
This Slice is a great healthy meal on the run! So quick and easy to prepare.
Enjoy it as a snack or whip up a salad and enjoy it for dinner.
Mix up the ingredients if you like, pop in some mushrooms..? Take out the bacon..?
- 5 eggs
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 375g zucchini, grated
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 200g rindless bacon, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 170.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until combined.
- Dice bacon and give it a quick fry in a little oil.
- Add the flour to the egg and beat until smooth then add zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese and oil and stir to combine.
- Grease and line a 30 x 20cm oven proof dish.
- Pour mixture into the prepared dish and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until brown on top and cooked through.
I serve mine with a nice tomato chutney! Yum!