Sprouted Buckwheat Bircher (6-8 serves)
This recipe is perfect for the busy professional and packed full of essential fats for cell repair, high protein buckwheat, and served with lots of fresh fruit, this is a perfect slow releasing energy breakfast for the health conscious and fitness lovers.
- 1 Cup sprouted (or cooked) buckwheat
- 2 Cups wholegrain rolled oats
- 1/4 Cup almonds
- 1/4 Cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 Cup chia seeds
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 cups coconut water or apple juice
- Chop or crush almonds, and then add all ingredients in one bowl and mix well.
- Cover and simply store in the fridge for up to 7 days. Add a couple of scoops into a bowl, and top with fresh or frozen fruit each morning for a delicious and nutritious breakfast.