Reminds me of my Nana this dish, perfect for cold winter nights!
- 4 Cups diced rhubarb
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- ¾ C flour
- ½ C rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ C sugar
- 100g butter
- ¾ C brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Put diced rhubarb in ovenproof dish, sprinkle crust mixture evenly over:
- Crust: sift flour and baking powder into bowl. Add oats and sugar. Melt butter and stir into dry ingredients mixing well.
- Spoon topping mixture over:
- Topping: combine sugar and cornflour and sprinkle over.
- Carefully pour the water over the topping. Do not stir.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 180 degrees, until crusty and caramelised on top.