A tarte Tatin is always an elegant dessert and has the advantage
of being very simple to prepare!
- 25g Butter
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Vanilla bean - I used vanilla essence
- 2 Pears - peeled and sliced
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the butter in a 20cm ovenproof fry pan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar. Split the vanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the pan, stirring to combine.
- Peel the pears, halve, core and slice, then arrange in the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the pear is starting to soften and the butter and sugar are beginning to caramelise.
- Cut the pastry to fit inside the pan, then lay over the pears and bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Let the tart sit for 2 minutes before running a knife around the edge, placing a serving plate over the pan and carefully inverting. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream.
Back to Quick & easy, tummy happy recipes...