Chick peas for Fitchicks
Caving all things spicy? One thing I always do is listen to my body. I believe that there is a reason your body craves things and it is important to listen to it.
I made these yummy spicy roasted chick peas.
Crunchy little spicy morsels!
- 1 can chickpeas
- Coconut Oil or Olive Oil- 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder / Paprika / Curry Powder – 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 gloves crushed garlic
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Open can and drain the liquid completely, I dried them on a paper towel remove the moisture from the chickpeas. Make sure they are as dry as you can get them.
- Preheat the oven to 220 deg C.
- In a bowl combine oil, salt, chilli, garlic, turmeric and lemon juice with chickpeas. Allow to marinate for 10-15mins.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the chickpeas. Bake it in 220 deg C for 35-40 mins. Check after 15mins and toss to avoid from burning.
- Take it out of the oven and allow it to cool completely to get the crunch.