Easy Peasy Pumpkin Soup
Sleep better, boost vision, lower blood pressure, healthier heart!
This is a one pot simple soup full of goodness.
- 1.2kg of pumpkin
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice up your pumpkin (skin off) into 3cm pieces
- Slice onion - this will be blended in the end so doesn't matter too much about size
- In a large pot place the pumpkin, onion, garlic cloves
- Pour over the top your 3 cups of stock along with the two cups of water.
- Add salt and pepper - just remember you can always add more later!
- The liquid wont quite cover the pumpkin, that's ok!
- Bring to the boil (lid off) then simmer away till pumpkin is nice and soft.
- Take off the heat and give it a blend! Blend as much as you like, I prefer mine a little chunky.
- If you think your soup is a little too running just place it back on the heat (simmer) until thickens up!
For more flavour add your favourite spice! Cumin, turmeric, curry powder.
To serve you can add a little cream, milk or just top with salt and pepper and a little parsley! Enjoy