Little sugar but BIG on taste!
- 1 Cup Raisins or Sultanas
- 2 Cups warm water
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup or vegetable oil or butter
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 3 Cup gartered carrot
- Combine sultanas and water in a bowl and let soak for 15minutes. Drain sultanas, discharge water and set aside.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, oil and brown sugar: beat well.
- Combine egg mixture and flour mixture, mix just until moistened.
- Fold in the carrots and sultanas then spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in pre heated oven for 20-30 minutes then let cool before icing.
CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 2 Tablespoons of softened butter
- 1/4 Cup cream cheese softened or spreadable
- 1 Cup icing sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla essence
Beat butter, sugar and vanilla, pour over icing sugar and beat till creamy. If the icing is not mixing together well add a small amount of milk to help.