Apple Cinnamon Protein Bars Recipe
I have not created this recipe – I got it off the internet. I have made it and I did enjoy it especially when i was on a low carb high protein diet.
It is not for everyone as it uses protein powder and sweetener . I believe like everything there is a place for these types of recipes as well as there is a place for yummy more calorie rich but still healthy recipes.
The idea is to maintain a balance of nutrients and to ensure you are feeding our body with what it needs for your goals.
Nutrition Facts: 1 square: 64 calories, 2.4 g fat, 4 g carbs, 8 g protein
- 4 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup Stevia / Xylitol or Splenda – NOTED STEVIA and XYLITOL are natural sweeteners and far better for you than SPLENDA.
- ½ cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 medium apple – grated (large holes)
- Spray an 8-by-8 inch Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine protein powder, almond meal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg whites, no-cal sweetener, cottage cheese and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated and then add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix again.
- Fold in grated apple and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes